Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Pilot Touring Model with 11,700 miles.

Lately I've been getting "battery low on key fob" after changing batteries on both fogs twice each. I know these are fresh batteries. Then, when I step out of the car with the engine off I get a series of beeps for some reason IDK.

Yesterday, I went into my garage and every window, including the sunroof, was half-open.

I'd appreciate any ideas as to what's going on before I head back to my dealer and have to pay $$$$ for something small.

Thanks to all who respond!

Rich

·
Registered
21 Posts
Following. My car has been beeping at me too every time I get out of my car with the engine off. It's a series of very fast beeps - like 6 beeps in a second. It started happening after I changed my car battery.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you press and hold the lock button all your windows go down and sunroof opens. It's a ridiculous"feature" that Honda thought was awesome. It's happened to me several times by accident. If your fob presses up against something in your pocket this will happen. And no, you can't turn this function off. Some demented people like it, but I think it's stupid lol. As for your other issues, I don't know what they are about.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you press and hold the lock button all your windows go down and sunroof opens. It's a ridiculous"feature" that Honda thought was awesome. It's happened to me several times by accident. If your fob presses up against something in your pocket this will happen. And no, you can't turn this function off. Some demented people like it, but I think it's stupid lol. As for your other issues, I don't know what they are about.
Technically speaking it's not pressing and holding the lock button, it's actually pressing the unlock button twice and then holding, which should make it quite a bit harder to happen accidentally. That said, there should definitely be a feature to disable that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Technically speaking it's not pressing and holding the lock button, it's actually pressing the unlock button twice and then holding, which should make it quite a bit harder to happen accidentally. That said, there should definitely be a feature to disable that.
Yeah I wrote lock by mistake. Point is it sucks!! LoL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts