Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Brand new owner of 2017 pilot - so far everything working great! While remote start option is fine when car is within sight I'm looking for a solution with greater range as we live in a condo and car is parked in a garage across the street. I would also like some sort of confirm on the key fob that the car has actually started. Any guidance on potential options? I am assuming this is only available through aftermarket offerings and don't want to void any existing warranties!

thank you!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have no idea on the interface connections but I used to have a Python 2 way unit on my old car. It worked fantastically, especially because I couldn't always park within visual distance. That being said, the range on the stock unit is really good, have you tested it out or you're just assuming it won't?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
I feel your pain. The factory remote start in the Pilot sucks all around compared to aftermarket options. It's range is limited, no lights on when it's running, no (2-way) signal back to remote that the car received the start signal or that it started. I hate it and it's not even my daily driver. I did some research back in 2017 and couldn't find anything to fix any of those issue. I'm going to look again though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts