Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys notice excessive wind noise when the car is going 60+ mph? Recently purchased a 2017 Pilot EX-L and when we're on the freeway there's quite a bit of wind noise. Took it to the dealer and they changed the window runners but the noise didn't go away. When we took it back a second time, the tech said that the noise was comparable to other Pilots and there's nothing they can do about it. Talked to sales and the guy had the nerve that the noise was psychological and nobody else had complained about it and bragging that they have no issues selling pilots. Trying to figure out other options to resolve this issue as my wife and I do not want to get stuck with this car for 5 years if we can't resolve this issue. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
I also had the window runner replaced on the front passenger door which helped but my 2018 is still quite noisy. The wind noise is much worse than my 2013 CRV with 100k miles. Having owned my 2013 CRV since new, a 2014 Civic that I put 79k miles on before buying the Pilot, and now the 2018 Pilot since new I can say that the Pilot has been the worst with quality. I still like the vehicle and it is very comfortable but I am quite disappointed with the quality of it. So to simplify, yes it is quite normal to have that wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring. I bought it brand new in January 2017 and soon after noticed the road noise and got a little noisier with time. I brought it into Honda back then to complain about it and I didn't mind the road noise much just it seemed odd how noticeable it was (My 2013 Acura RDX was nothing like this). They simply drove it around and didn't see it as an issue and said its normal.

About a year later the door trim was falling off n the same door with the road noise. There was never any damage or abuse done to that door so I brought it back and they fixed it under warranty. I noticed that the road noise was a little bit better by doing this so assumed perhaps there was always an issue. Still not the best but not as bad. About a year after that my driver side window stopped rolling up. I brought it in and mentioned this coincidently is the same door I always complain about with road noise and the door trim. They said that there was a retainer clip that broke that handles the window and they had to replace that and a few other pieces (sold in a kit). Still it was repaired mostly under warranty and they dinged me for $30.

Sure this might not be 100% related but bottom line is I do still have road noise but it isn't as bad as when I first noticed it. The fact I had a few other issues on this door/window was a bit bothersome and it makes me question build quality on this model for sure. Just in case something else is going on that they didn't detect keep that in mind. Outside of this every other part of the Pilot has been excellent. Seating and performance is great but I do feel build quality is down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts