Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2017 Pilot issues with alarm going off

11137 Views 25 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Drift510
Good morning everyone,
I have been dealing with a wierd issue on my 2017 pilot touring (68k miles). My alarm keeps going off. Initially i read that it could be related to a weak battery and i reolaced the battery but it didnt resolve the issue. I have sat in the car witj the alarm engaged and randomly the dash lights up, head lights and interior lights come on and eventually the alarm sets off. I also read that it could be the hood sensor and have cleaned the hood latch area with a degreaser but that didnt help either. I have taken it to a few shops and nobody seems to be able to figure out, im having to leave the keys in the car (while in the garage at home so the alarm doesn't go off 2-3 times a night.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
I jist posted a You Tube video of what my Pilot did this morning. You would think it is possessed. Here is the link: https://YouTube.be/pmQigsl_EXk

If that does not work, go to YouTube and type in Honda Pilot is it Possessed?
hey there it's exactly what my car does and yes i did replace it with Honda and the parts they order for my model 2016 Honda Piloe EXL the parts # is 38320-TG7-A32 the name they put on the invoice is (Anti Theft Lock Main Control Unit) my car alarm was doing that and my dash board was glitching like it you said it was being possessed :LOL: so i was finally got sick and tired of the alarm going off intermittently and changed the control unit which by itself cost me $500 just for the control unit labor and re-program the keys everything costed me just a little over $1000.... but while they have my car in their possession, they lost my keys and lucky i have a spare.... so when the car was done and before i paid they waived the re-program fees because they lost my keys which saved me $250 so i end up paying $800 for parts and labor. i did this before Christmas and the car haven't been acting out so finger cross hoping it will last another 5-6 years before it comes back.

· Registered
2 Posts
I think is ridiculous that this problem is not easily & inexpensively solved. Hood sensor? Control unit? I ended up here searching for a fix. My Pilots alarm will go off randomly and there seems to be no way to disable that whole system permanently. So I do the lights-off-popped-hood thing. I absolutely refuse to let my dealer go anywhere near it. I cannot afford their prices and shoddy diagnostics.

· Registered
38 Posts
I think is ridiculous… duplicate please delete
I agree it is ridiculous even on the old models Pilot is happening with the same Problem where the alarm is going off intermittently. But if you don’t have warranty on the car or can’t afford it just unhook the hood sensors and that will fix your alarm 🚨 problem but now your alarm 🚨 won’t go off if someone were to steal your car….. I changed the control unit which they listed as called the anti theft lock main control unit…. on top of that the key fobs needs to be re-programmed so a total cost will be at about $1000 😬😬😬 I paid $800 only because they lost one set of my key fob therefore they didn’t charge me for reprogram so far I haven’t had any alarm 🚨 going off since December 2022…… sooooo hoping for another 5-6 years before it happens again lol 😂 keeping finger crossed 🤞

21 - 26 of 26 Posts