Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,
I have been dealing with a wierd issue on my 2017 pilot touring (68k miles). My alarm keeps going off. Initially i read that it could be related to a weak battery and i reolaced the battery but it didnt resolve the issue. I have sat in the car witj the alarm engaged and randomly the dash lights up, head lights and interior lights come on and eventually the alarm sets off. I also read that it could be the hood sensor and have cleaned the hood latch area with a degreaser but that didnt help either. I have taken it to a few shops and nobody seems to be able to figure out, im having to leave the keys in the car (while in the garage at home so the alarm doesn't go off 2-3 times a night.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Were you ever able to find a solution? I too am having the exact same issue on my 2016 Pilot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning everyone,
I have been dealing with a wierd issue on my 2017 pilot touring (68k miles). My alarm keeps going off. Initially i read that it could be related to a weak battery and i reolaced the battery but it didnt resolve the issue. I have sat in the car witj the alarm engaged and randomly the dash lights up, head lights and interior lights come on and eventually the alarm sets off. I also read that it could be the hood sensor and have cleaned the hood latch area with a degreaser but that didnt help either. I have taken it to a few shops and nobody seems to be able to figure out, im having to leave the keys in the car (while in the garage at home so the alarm doesn't go off 2-3 times a night.
Same. Following g

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning everyone,
I too have a 2017 pilot touring,, and same thing,, I have replaced car battery twice and the remote battery twice an checked the hood latch, nothing fixes it ????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 2017 pilot touring,, and same thing,, I have replaced car battery twice and the remote battery twice an checked the hood latch, nothing fixes it ????
Just to share. I had the same issue. In fact, the video in the earlier post was the same thing I saw on my 2016 with 60K miles. I did some research and decided to replace the start stop button. Literally took 10 minutes to replace. I ordered from Rock Auto. I believe the brand was Intermotor. Interestingly enough, the part number labeled on the replacement part matched the one I pulled out. In any case, my problem was very random and occurred several times a day/night (alarm, dash lights, relay sounds in dash, interior lights coming on). Since I replaced the start stop button, I have not had an issue. It has only been two days but my problem went away immediately. Will re-post if issue comes back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having same issue. People in this forum are saying it is the power control module
Part #38320-TG7-A52 which is located on top of glove compartment and hard to get to.
Hondapartsguy.com sells them for $294.95 which is a lot less than dealer but after install new keys need to be reprogrammed by dealer. Taking mine in tomorrow and getting a quote for it all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to share. I had the same issue. In fact, the video in the earlier post was the same thing I saw on my 2016 with 60K miles. I did some research and decided to replace the start stop button. Literally took 10 minutes to replace. I ordered from Rock Auto. I believe the brand was Intermotor. Interestingly enough, the part number labeled on the replacement part matched the one I pulled out. In any case, my problem was very random and occurred several times a day/night (alarm, dash lights, relay sounds in dash, interior lights coming on). Since I replaced the start stop button, I have not had an issue. It has only been two days but my problem went away immediately. Will re-post if issue comes back.
HI- Have you had any more problems after replacing the start stop button? My 2017 Pilot is doing the same exact thing. Horn alarm goes off randomly when locked and head lights and interior lights go on an off when turned to Auto on the over head button is on. I have to leave the car unlocked and lights turned off at the switches so nothing goes off. I do hear clicking sometimes when walking by it. I had the battery tested and it was almost perfect and replaced both key fob batteries and it still has the same issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI- Have you had any more problems after replacing the start stop button? My 2017 Pilot is doing the same exact thing. Horn alarm goes off randomly when locked and head lights and interior lights go on an off when turned to Auto on the over head button is on. I have to leave the car unlocked and lights turned off at the switches so nothing goes off. I do hear clicking sometimes when walking by it. I had the battery tested and it was almost perfect and replaced both key fob batteries and it still has the same issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts