Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring that has been diagnosed with the need to replace 2 fuel injectors. I have 45032 miles on my car. I have a 3 year 36,000 miles warranty and a 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. The dealership repair shop says I need to pay for the fuel injectors and labor- over $1600 because my mileage is 45032. My independent mechanic tells me that this repair should be covered under the powertrain warranty. Online forums indicated that various dealers have covered this type of repair under the powertrain warranty or that Honda has paid for the parts and the individual owner paid for the labor. Has anyone had experience with this issue either successfully or otherwise? I've previously owned a Honda Pilot through 185 k and currently have a Honda CRV with 181 k miles. Both were stellar vehicles, dependable and relatively low cost to maintain. I'm frustrated to have such a new vehicle with such an expensive repair imminent. Any thoughts, advice or similar experiences? Thanks! Mama Bear

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring that has been diagnosed with the need to replace 2 fuel injectors. I have 45032 miles on my car. I have a 3 year 36,000 miles warranty and a 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. The dealership repair shop says I need to pay for the fuel injectors and labor- over $1600 because my mileage is 45032. My independent mechanic tells me that this repair should be covered under the powertrain warranty. Online forums indicated that various dealers have covered this type of repair under the powertrain warranty or that Honda has paid for the parts and the individual owner paid for the labor. Has anyone had experience with this issue either successfully or otherwise? I've previously owned a Honda Pilot through 185 k and currently have a Honda CRV with 181 k miles. Both were stellar vehicles, dependable and relatively low cost to maintain. I'm frustrated to have such a new vehicle with such an expensive repair imminent. Any thoughts, advice or similar experiences? Thanks! Mama Bear
Seems I've read on this forum of ones getting it paid for with higher mileage than that.
Might need to go to another dealership if they won't help you.

Reactions: Mama Bear

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Unfortunately Honda has not extended the injector warranty to cover the 2017's yet and the injectors are not part of the powertrain warranty. Some have had theirs covered by the emissions warranty which varies depending on where you live. Hopefully in the near future Honda will come good on the 17's and later models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2017 lx got the injector code
I bought my pilot with 32k on the dash
I’ve only had it for a month When this happened, the dealership covered it under the tbs , two days later my battery died 🙃
If anyone bought there pilot new
What was your range after fill up ?
Mine was. 365 , after injector replacement
I now get 404 mile range ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts