Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
cinto asks, "Are you the same Aviator from DriveAccord some years back? With the 6-6 sedan? " Not sure if used that moniker then or not, but I did have a 2004 Accord coupe, V6 - 6 speed, and was somewhat active on the Accord forum.
Loved that car, but had a son turning 16, and there was no way I was going to turn him loose in that car - traded it on a 4 Runner.

·
Registered
948 Posts
cinto asks, "Are you the same Aviator from DriveAccord some years back? With the 6-6 sedan? " Not sure if used that moniker then or not, but I did have a 2004 Accord coupe, V6 - 6 speed, and was somewhat active on the Accord forum.
Loved that car, but had a son turning 16, and there was no way I was going to turn him loose in that car - traded it on a 4 Runner.
Well either it's a crazy coincidence or you are he! I lusted after all of you 6-6 sedan owners, I had a lowly K24 5MT model... great car but man did I want a 6-6, just the couple I looked at all had the crunchy 3rd gear and were asking for the same money. Now the new Accord has the 6 speed with the "big" engine again, I've been wanting to test drive one but the end result may be divorce so I haven't yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is pretty rare treatment... I'm gonna guess you will continue to buy from them, I would if I found a dealer like that. Unfortunately all of the dealers around me for every manufacturer have bad customer service, so I have little to no allegiance to the dealers.

Service manager said the repairs would have been close to $1k if charged. Just bought my wife a new 2019 Beetle convertible from them today. They gave us a really good deal. Her 3rd, and likely last, Beetle. With the 8 yr 120k warranty on the Pilot I will see what happens, $50 deductible makes it attractive at this time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our 2017 EX-L has 36,562 miles when the 'Check Emissions Light' came on. We bought it brand new. Anyway, the dealer replaced all 6 fuel injectors and had 'to check with Honda America to make sure it was covered.' Otherwise, it was $1,600. 'Problem they had when they first came out with these updated engines.'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats good. Did you get Hondacare or a 3rd party? From what I understand from people posting its only covered under 3/36 but with Hondacare its covered until it works out.
I just bought my 2017 Pilot almost 2 months ago to the day. The “maintenance due” light came on last week. Made an appt. to have it serviced, then yesterday the “emissions system problem” light came on. I noticed it was driving sluggish and seemed to slightly accelerate while sitting at red lights. The dealership says it needs new fuel injectors and that it’s covered under warranty. I was happy that it’s covered but floored that it needs this type of service at 42,000 miles!

This is my first Honda. My Jeep had nearly 200K miles before I had issues. My Kia Soul just now messed up with 150K miles. I bought the Pilot because I’ve heard it’s a reliable car. After reading many posts on here about 2016 Hondas having this same problem, I’m wondering if I should trade it in now or stick with it. I absolutely love this car, but I don’t want to spend unnecessary money for a car that’s having issues with less than 50K miles. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, I just got mine replaced last week at 38k. My dealership says it is a big problem. They have had pilots come in for this replacement. Luckily I had the extended warranty because it is a pricey job. Does anyone think they will do a recall on this?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have they updated the injectors or are they putting the same faulty injectors in when the originals have to be replaced? I'm just being very curious since I only have 8,500 miles on my Pilot.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have they updated the injectors or are they putting the same faulty injectors in when the originals have to be replaced? I'm just being very curious since I only have 8,500 miles on my Pilot.
OEM 305's are being replaced with the newer 315's. Do the 315's solve the problem, still too early, time will tell.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OEM 305's are being replaced with the newer 315's. Do the 315's solve the problem, still too early, time will tell.
Thanks for the response. I'm hoping that mine don't become an issue but I have a warranty through Geico, so I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm hoping that mine don't become an issue but I have a warranty through Geico, so I'm not too worried about it.
Coastie - what kind of warranty does Geico offer and is it expensive? Sorry to ask, but never heard of car insurance covering mechanical issues and I actually use Geico so this really jumped out at me. Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Coastie - what kind of warranty does Geico offer and is it expensive? Sorry to ask, but never heard of car insurance covering mechanical issues and I actually use Geico so this really jumped out at me. Thanks!
It's a mechanical breakdown coverage and only costs $8.00 a month. The warranty covers mechanical components and is good for 7 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first. The deductible is $250 for any warranty work. I think you have to buy it before 15k miles and I think you have to be the original owner, but you could call and ask just to make sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a mechanical breakdown coverage and only costs $8.00 a month. The warranty covers mechanical components and is good for 7 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first. The deductible is $250 for any warranty work. I think you have to buy it before 15k miles and I think you have to be the original owner, but you could call and ask just to make sure.
Thank you! I will call immediately to see if I can get it - I'm way past that mileage and the 2nd owner so not sure I can get it, but this is something I didn't know before and for sure will check into it. THANK YOU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 Touring has the same fuel injector issues. First had to pay $85 for a software update which they said hopefully would fix the issue. It didn't and I had to file an extended warranty claim and while they paid for the new injectors I'm out $350 because of some part the warranty wouldn't cover. The service tech said Honda knows it's an issue but won't step up. This is the fourth Honda I've bought but will likely be the last. Really a disappointment that Honda won't accept responsibility.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Read here - 2016 EX-L AWD. Post #99

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought my 2017 Pilot new in 2017. The "Check Emission" light came on after Thanksgiving 2019. I had 42,939 miles. Made an appt. to have it serviced, at the dealership. They indicated the vehicle needed new fuel injectors and that it’s covered NOT under warranty. (3 yr, 36000). Not covered under the 5yr 60000 Power train. The Power Train warranty indicated that it covers engine and power train. I asked the service desk if I should do anything different, i.e. gas, injector cleaner, etc. They indicated they had no answer. Discussed with the sales man that it would seem like the injectors are part of the engine. They did not cover. Cost: $1417!! Have been a Honda buyer since 2000. Now going to big Honda to raise my stink with them. Frustrating!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just bought my 2017 Pilot new in 2017. The "Check Emission" light came on after Thanksgiving 2019. I had 42,939 miles. Made an appt. to have it serviced, at the dealership. They indicated the vehicle needed new fuel injectors and that it’s covered NOT under warranty. (3 yr, 36000). Not covered under the 5yr 60000 Power train. The Power Train warranty indicated that it covers engine and power train. I asked the service desk if I should do anything different, i.e. gas, injector cleaner, etc. They indicated they had no answer. Discussed with the sales man that it would seem like the injectors are part of the engine. They did not cover. Cost: $1417!! Have been a Honda buyer since 2000. Now going to big Honda to raise my stink with them. Frustrating!!
All of these failures i keep hearing about are certainly exciting. I’m at 36K with my 2016 EXL and wonder when the ticking bomb is gonna go. Question I have though: did anyone who has Honda Care had injectors replaced under extended warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of these failures i keep hearing about are certainly exciting. I’m at 36K with my 2016 EXL and wonder when the ticking bomb is gonna go. Question I have though: did anyone who has Honda Care had injectors replaced under extended warranty?

I don't know. I would check with your dealer. Maybe show them this link and the 2016 link
Honda has a problem. I sent this information to big Honda. I will post their response.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know. I would check with your dealer. Maybe show them this link and the 2016 link
Honda has a problem. I sent this information to big Honda. I will post their response.
Good Luck!
So, if there’a a TSB that clearly states most probable root cause of such failure, how come Dealers are charging owners for that? Does honda not covers it for all 16-18 pilots? What am i missing?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts