Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - could be coincidence, but ever since we did the latest nav map system upgrade (software version 2.02), the car will not automatically change the nav system / map brightness when it is dark outside.

In a pitch dark garage, I can manually toggle the headlights on and off - but this has no effect on the nav system / map brightness (i.e. during daytime, most of the map is a light tan - but at night, it's a dark brown).

As I manually toggle the headlights on and off, I can see 'brightness settings' change from the sun icon to moon icon - and the brightness slider (at the bottom) change positions - but the actual maps do not change.

The only way I can get the maps to change to dark mode is to touch the sun/moon button on the lower left of the nav screen (below the volume / menu / back buttons).

Appreciate any help; here's a link to some photos / additional descriptions to better 'see' the issue.

edit - since this is my first post, it is not letting me post a link - will try to reply to my own post and add a link

Brent

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you need to have headlights in 'auto' mode to have the dash & nav automatically dim/brighten? Seems someone had a similar question in a fb Pilot group, and the fix might've been 'auto' headlights.....if I can find it I'll see what his solution was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts