Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I have a 2017 Pilot Elite with 34k miles. This weekend while very slowly parking, the vehicle accelerated and put me down an embankment into a tree. I had barely got the gas as I was almost parked. It's like it had a mind if it's own.
I have seen problems with the 2017 transmission.. do you think this could be the issue? For the record I'm a good driver with no prior accidents.
Also I'm having problems with the automatic idle stop which makes the car die at intersections. I've seen the service reports on those and will be reporting that when my car is fixed. Thanks

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I have questions about maintenance. If the engine is having any fuel/air mixture issue, it could possibly cause the engine to surge. Has the air filter been replaced? If so, I'd make sure the filter is installed correctly and is sealed properly. I'd check the air intake hose clamps to insure they are tightened properly. Has the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) ever been cleaned? I'd remove the sensor and using CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner with the red straw tapped on the can, and spray a few short bursts directly into the electrodes that are visible (no soaking). Let dry thoroughly before re-installing.
I'd also disable the VCM to help the long term performance of the engine. I use S-VCM.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
The vehicle wouldn't accelerate with the foot on the brake pedal since the brake overrides the throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello , I have a 2017 Pilot Elite with 34k miles. This weekend while very slowly parking, the vehicle accelerated and put me down an embankment into a tree. I had barely got the gas as I was almost parked. It's like it had a mind if it's own.
I have seen problems with the 2017 transmission.. do you think this could be the issue? For the record I'm a good driver with no prior accidents.
Also I'm having problems with the automatic idle stop which makes the car die at intersections. I've seen the service reports on those and will be reporting that when my car is fixed. Thank at
The vehicle wouldn't accelerate with the foot on the brake pedal since the brake overrides the throttle.
My foot was not on the brake but also not pressing on the gas. It was moving between the two

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I don't like the Idle stop start feature. I would likely do the permanent fix. There is a button to press to turn this feature off if one could get in the habit of pressing it every time they started the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts