Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the head unit on a 2017 Elite? I've removed all dash parts except the radio/navigation itself. I'm afraid of breaking something so want to know exactly how to remove the radio and vents. Any pictures or video would greatly help. I do not want to pry in the wrong spot!
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
You tube it. There are a few videos.

I’m getting ready to do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You tube it. There are a few videos.

I’m getting ready to do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only video I found was a man grabbing the unit and just pulling it out. This can NOT be done on mine without some actual prying in several places. This I have found NO VIDEOS by searching online.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've already removed the 2 screws at the bottom of the head unit. All I have are smaller pry tools than the one shown in the PDF. How hard can I pry at the top middle ? Don't want to break anything! Thanks
Tim
Sorry I have not done it myself, just providing the pdf's on how to do it. :) Several others have replaced their head units so hopefully one of them can chime in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I have not done it myself, just providing the pdf's on how to do it. :) Several others have replaced their head units so hopefully one of them can chime in.
Thanks for your help! Finally got the head unit out. I did however hear a plastic clip fall out and go to the bottom of the center console near drivers side footwell floor mat. How hard is it to get the side of the console lifted up or removed to retrieve the small orange plastic clip? Or am I better off just buying another one at dealer ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can pull the side panel in drivers side very easily. Just remove the carpet/floor mat and then slowly pull the side panel outwards. It is snapped in place with similar clips as used to hold the other trim pieces you had to remove to get to the head unit. I dropped a wrench in the space while unscrewing the headunit and had to get the panel out to get it out :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone removed the head unit on a 2017 Elite? I've removed all dash parts except the radio/navigation itself. I'm afraid of breaking something so want to know exactly how to remove the radio and vents. Any pictures or video would greatly help. I do not want to pry in the wrong spot!
Thanks
Can I ask why you are removing it? Are you replacing it with a better one? If so what kind?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts