Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New member, we have a 2017 Pilot with 6k miles. Funny thing happened yesterday, hopped in it, started it up and received 2 errors on the display. One was a Blind Spot information system error and the other was a Transmission Problem error. Also the back up camera would not work and on the infotainment system screen, could not select "Vehicle". I expect it's something electrical due to the unrelated messages but it drives fine. Also, the gear lights are blinking, normally they are static.

Anyone had similar experience? I reviewed several pages of the forum last night and but didn't see anything like this. Thanks for any advice, our 4th Honda, we love them.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
And please, All Day, please report back with your findings for others to see! Sometime in the future others may benefit from your experience!

·
Registered
2 Posts
j'ai le même problème et un garage indépendant n'a pas réussi a trouver le problème et le concessionnaire veut le garder une semaine, je l'ai lavé au lave auto et tout est revenu normal bizarre.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I experienced this issue similarly: Some time ago, probably weeks ago (I've lost track of time), I experience something strange with my 2017 Honda Pilot Elite: it had display a couple of messages in the MID: "Transmission System Problem" and "Blind Spot Info System Problem". As for the first problem, at first, nothing happened, but then later on after many days, the reverse gear was inoperable. As for the second problem, blind spot system was inoperable. We also lost rearview camera throughout the issues. Before taking the car to a Honda dealership, I decided to take an OBD2 reader and tried to view any stored DTC. I didn't see any check engine code or transmission related code. So I decided to reset the
heck engine light, even though there's not really a check engine light. Thee problem has gone away, came back in about a day or so, repeated the reset check engine light, then gone away and hasn't come back again. I'm eagerly waiting for the issue to come back again so that I can take it to the dealership. I already emailed the Honda dealership's service consultant, but I received no response back for more than a week since I sent the email. Anybody else with similar issue that actually got Honda to resolve?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts