Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2017 EX-L is being fixed after it was vandalized and the rear side window was smashed. Picked up my rental car and I’m driving down the street, all of a sudden it hit me, why didn’t the alarm go off when the window was broken? Can’t find much in the manual that explains how the alarms work. Called the dealership and they aren’t sure, called Honda of America and they don’t know much about the alarm either. They told me to go to a different dealer!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Pg 146 in owners manual: (Glass breakage not monitored)

Security System Alarm
The security system alarm activates when the tailgate, hood or doors are forcibly
opened. The alarm does not go off if the tailgate or doors are opened with the key,
remote transmitter or smart entry system.
However, the alarm goes off when a door is opened with the key, then the hood is
opened before the power mode is set to ON.
However, the alarm goes off when a door is opened with the key, then the hood is
opened or gear position is changed from out of (P before the power mode is set to
ON.
■ When the security system alarm activates
The horn sounds intermittently, some exterior lights flash.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Honda (as most OEM alarms systems) is more geared for the theft of the vehicle, not the interior contents.

Breaking a window and reaching in to steal something off the seat (purse, laptop, etc) will not activate the alarm, unless they open the door.

After market alarm systems have glass breakage, etc. monitors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts