Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having major paint issues on a 2017 pilot? My garage kept Honda had the paint partially washed off one panel on the back hatch door. On further investigation all of the paint along the seam has cracked and this is what propagated the peel once under heavy rain. I’m not tall enough to have seen the paint issue - only when the paint majority peeled off. It’s probably been defective from day one on this one panel.
Automotive exterior Vehicle Hood Car Bumper

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Looks like it is just that panel and it looks like a case of poor primer or surface prep causing the flaking. Are you still under warranty? If so, it should be covered. If not, I would go to a reputable body shop for an estimate as it should be easy to refinish that panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely out of warranty but there was an extended warranty offered on 2016 vehicles up to seven years which ended for vehicles built Dec 2016. Mine was built Jan 2017. :mad:
Guarantee that panel was made and painted in 2016. You are right though - should be too hard or expensive to repaint.

·
Registered
19 Posts
See my photo below. Mine is a 2017. Took delivery about 33 months ago. Have around 75,000kms on it. Have a claim filed with Honda Canada. Not impressed at all. FYI I rust proof it and wash it throughout the winter. My observation is the plastic spoiler vibrates against the metal....I will update when I have a result.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow.......not good. My 2019 is White. So was my 2011 Ridgeline and that had paint issues. Go figure, you would have thought Honda would have fixed the issue in the last 8 years
Have you seen any paint issues on your Pilot? I have a 2020 Pilot in white and there are a few issues with dust specs in the paint and a few bubbles in the clear coat. Hopefully that doesn’t mean anything bad will happen in the future.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Have you seen any paint issues on your Pilot? I have a 2020 Pilot in white and there are a few issues with dust specs in the paint and a few bubbles in the clear coat. Hopefully that doesn’t mean anything bad will happen in the future.
Luckily I have not seen any and I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb. I also ceramic coated it, hopefully that will add some life but 95% of paint issues start under the paint

·
Registered
813 Posts
Luckily I have not seen any and I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb. I also ceramic coated it, hopefully that will add some life but 95% of paint issues start under the paint
Jeez. Guess I gotta start saving money for a respray🙄. I’m really sure Honda won’t do anything about it either.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
Dust or rail dust?

Had rail dust on the back bumper of my white volt.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dust or rail dust?

Had rail dust on the back bumper of my white volt.
It’s just specs of dust all in different places under the clear coat. Most of them are on the inside of the doors which isn’t too bad, but there’s still a few on the outside. I would send a pic but my camera can’t focus on it lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts