Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law has a 2017 EX and I have a 2019 EX-L with LED low beams. The projector lens on his 2016 looks cloudy whereas mine are clear. Did the 2017 EX Pilots have a frosted projector lens or a clear projector lens? He complains about seeing the road at night; whereas, mine is very bright but I get flashed when low beams are on by oncoming cars. I took mine back and asked them to check the adjustment and they said it was correct.

Thanks,

mdavidthomas

·
Registered
401 Posts
Halogen projectors have a cloudy-looking lens inside the headlight housing, if I understand your question. (pardon the dirty car)

·
Registered
813 Posts
The 2019 Pilot got LED headlights for all Pilots I believe. The 2017 has normal halogen lights. Perhaps Honda changed something inside the projector to accommodate for this change.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My father-in-law has a 2017 EX and I have a 2019 EX-L with LED low beams. The projector lens on his 2016 looks cloudy whereas mine are clear. Did the 2017 EX Pilots have a frosted projector lens or a clear projector lens? He complains about seeing the road at night; whereas, mine is very bright but I get flashed when low beams are on by oncoming cars. I took mine back and asked them to check the adjustment and they said it was correct.

Thanks,

mdavidthomas
Same thing happens to me, some people think I'm driving with high beams on and flash their lights at me. If a smaller car is in front of me they usually switch lanes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts