Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD. Even though it is a 2017 model I bought it new on Aug 2018. My concern is that, upon releasing the accelerator pedal at low speeds, the RPMs increase slightly (as if the automatic transmission shifted to a lower gear - a slight jerk is felt) and consequently some speed is lost, in other words, it loses momentum, it is quite perceptible. Not good for fuel economy which is at 17.2 mpg (city driving)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard the forums. You're still under warranty, so why not bring it in to the dealer for an inspection?

·
Registered
12 Posts
2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD. Even though it is a 2017 model I bought it new on Aug 2018. My concern is that, upon releasing the accelerator pedal at low speeds, the RPMs increase slightly (as if the automatic transmission shifted to a lower gear - a slight jerk is felt) and consequently some speed is lost, in other words, it loses momentum, it is quite perceptible. Not good for fuel economy which is at 17.2 mpg (city driving)
Have you found out anymore about this? Exactly what is happening in my 2017 Pilot EX. I can't stand it. None of my other cars do this. It's my daily driver mostly around town so a lot of accelerating and stopping.

I have taken it in, had a transmission tsb that I found on this forum done, but did not correct this particular issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts