Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

541 - 545 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think if I'm reading this correctly, you're asking if a 2017 unit will work in a 2016 Pilot to get Apple CarPlay? If that is what you're asking, then yes, it will work. I have a 2016 Touring and installed a 2017 headunit to get CarPlay. The only issue I have had with it is that the compass on the main gauge display does not work (I haven't figured out if it is an issue with the unit or if I screwed something up installing/updating it); however, I think that is just an isolated case and not a compatibility issue as no one else seems to be having the same problem from my research.
Thanks for the reply. What is the radio part number you ordered? I have 2017 LX with non touch screen radio and I want to order the correct radio with Car play.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the reply. What is the radio part number you ordered? I have 2017 LX with non touch screen radio and I want to order the correct radio with Car play.
I bought a 2017 Touring radio from someone on here for my 2016 Touring; part number: 39540-TG7-A42 For what it's worth, the list of 2017 radio part numbers, and various install instructions, are contained in this thread.

Part numbers post:

One of many posts outlining installation experience:

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
46 Posts
Anyone know if a 2019 Elite radio is compatible with a 2016 Elite? Or will it be completely screwed up?

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
46 Posts
Oh. Thanks! So are you saying a touring or elite radio will work with the RES? It seems the model I have is so rare lol. I thought the higher end ones had more speakers and a different pin structure and assumed they wouldn’t work in mine.
Also. If anyone can answer this - I found a 2019 that matches my trim exactly. I know they took away the blinker cam in the 2019s but would the software still register it and it work in the 2016? Out of my depth here but I would think it may.
Were you able to get a 2019 to fit in your 2016? I found a 2019 elite to put in my 2016 elite but I don't know if it's going to be completely screwed up or not

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2016 touring. Is it just me or do all the used sites only have 2016 touring black boxes available; no 2017 or 2018?

Will a 2019 touring radio work in a 2016 touring?

541 - 545 of 545 Posts