Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i have a 2017 exl pilot with 43K miles and have notice the transmission has been slipping. i replaced the rear differential fluid and transmission fluid at 42K miles ( atf honda brand). after driving on the highway i notice the transmission slipping. the check engine came on states emission system issue then transmission issue.
i brought the car to the dealer and they stated i need a new transmission. they flush the fluid and did a software update but it didnt work. its been 2.5 weeks and they states that they have submitted the request to honda of america for approval. any thoughts? will they cover it. i heard of people pn the forum having to pay $8000 for a new transmission.
is this covered under the new power train warranty because i heard its extended 8years - 80k miles. any thoughts???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be covered powertrain is 5yr / 60k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
for some reason the delearship still has not approved the job for a transmission replacement. i was told them sent computer imagines of the codes/transmission issue 3 times to the engineers. they also said it was an expensive fix so they are taking there time. 2.5 weeks seems like alot of time.

·
Registered
960 Posts
You should be covered powertrain is 5yr / 60k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It all depends on the in service date of the vehicle. A 2017 could have been sold in September of 2016 and would have been out of the 5 year warranty in September of 2021. Or it could have sat on the lot until purchased in say February of 2017. Now it will have until February of 2022 before the 5 years are up.

In service date is the factor which determines the warranty as being in effect or not.

Reactions: aggrex
1 - 5 of 5 Posts