Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot touring model. Bought it used with around 9k miles back in 2018. With in a year of owning it I started getting engine light on saying the O2 sensor was bad and occasionally make it where my Pilot wouldn't move. I could reset it and move on. Do to the repair cost I couldn't afford to get it fixed. Finally a recall came out in 2021.Took it in had it repaired at 69k miles on it. They replaced the bad injectors and reprogram (software update) the PGM-FI and TCM. Few months after the transmission would act like it couldn't find the gear and would go into neutral tell the rpms came down. It would do this every once in awhile but not consistent. Put off taking it in do to distance to service center and needing the vehicle to get back and forth to work. Big mistake on my part. Well on my way back from a road trip it decided to go completely out. Had to get it towed to the Honda Service center that was about 1hr away. My Honda is out of warranty and they are saying it's not related to the software update. Looks like I'll have to pay around 7k out of pocket. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned and will never by another Honda product. I'll be reaching out to Honda USA but I'm not very optimistic about it. I'm curious if anyone else has had issues after the software update? If so did you have to pay out of pocket if your vehicle was out of it's warranty.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sorry, but driving for years with an engine light showing a defective part and the vehicle actually not being able to move occasionally when it did happen doesn't equate to the vehicle being the worst vehicle ever owned or built by Honda. Resetting it and moving on until it came on again isn't or wasn't a fix as you knew for two years.

Then the transmission starts acting up and again you keep driving it due to distance to Honda service center and needing your car for work? Even with the car going into neutral at times or it couldn't find the correct gear?

Best of luck hope it works out for you for less than $7000.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, but driving for years with an engine light showing a defective part and the vehicle actually not being able to move occasionally when it did happen doesn't equate to the vehicle being the worst vehicle ever owned or built by Honda. Resetting it and moving on until it came on again isn't or wasn't a fix as you knew for two years.

Then the transmission starts acting up and again you keep driving it due to distance to Honda service center and needing your car for work? Even with the car going into neutral at times or it couldn't find the correct gear?

Nope it is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Not saying it's the worst vehicle ever. To clarify I did take it in after the first time it made the vehicle go into limp mode. Code was reading O2 sensor. Which was a false code. Dealer told me it caused by the fuel injector. I wasn't in warranty period and didn't have the money to pay out of pocket. Now after the recall came out and they replaced the injectors and did a software update on the TCM I thought I would be good to go. Unfortunately shortly after it started doing the wierd searching for gear and acting like it was in neutral. As I said big mistake on my end for not taking it in right away. I was planning to but life was busy and kept putting it off do to the distance and my work schedule. Took a gamble of waiting and lost. Owend multiple vehicles in my life and never had any major issues. So again worst vehicle I have ever owned and I will not be a repeat customer.

·
Registered
42 Posts

i have had issues with my fuel injectors as well as transmission. i have a 2017 pilot 42k and the transmission needs replacement. And dont get me started about the vcm. I would agree this is definitely my last honda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts