Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help please. I'm going through jugs and jugs of windshield washer fluid it's spraying on the windshield middle low area wish it was higher. but each side sprays excessive amounts straight down into a vent is that part of the design.

Tried to upload a video but mp4 was not supported.

It literal sprays straight out 15° if dash was zero and and excess amount straight down 90° on both side spray nozzles do this. Completely stumped

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did it used to spray higher?

Is the spray head, right where the water sprays outward, adjustable with a small pointed tool, like rotating a shower head?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ended up uploading the video on YouTube I really can't explain it please watch the video. Possibly as a Fail-Safe if the nozzles clogged it sprays out the bottom maybe not to harm the pump. Just seems weird that both spray the exact same. Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Is the spray head, right where the water sprays outward, adjustable with a small pointed tool, like rotating a shower head?
no it's like coming out of the bottom of the nozzle it comes out and sprays the windshield but so much comes out the bottom into the vents I almost thought it was a design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

About the car used off lease this is the first winter for us. it didn't seem to spray that grade in the summer but it was sort of on noticeable now in the winter with all the salt brine you really notice that it's not clearing the windshield. that's a prompto me to pull the hood insulation to look for a leak and I found that t joint not even connected after connecting it it only moderately improved. and that's when I noticed that both jets spray a significant amount of windshield fluid down I almost thought they were maybe put on upside

·
Registered
223 Posts
Try the cleaning (prior post video) the nossle sprayer.

If the hose came off the sprayer connector, it could have been from a clogged nossle(s) and causing too much pressure in the hose. If that doesn't work, unhook the hose and make sure your getting a steady stream of fluid through the hose.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Yeah, try what the guy does in @toolazy4alogin 's good video. The only thing I'd do differently is instead of soaking it in vinegar, soak it in CLR instead. The stuff is great for unclogging showerheads, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts