Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an FYI post. I posted a while back about my pilot making noises when I stopped. They changed the auto idle belt for free and the noise got worse. Left it with them for a week and they changed the alternator belt. Honda paid for 80%. Here is my question....what would have caused this to happen? No accidents, potholes, etc. Surely this isn't to be expected behavior? This was the 1st car I have ever bought new, pretty disappointed that the problems started so early

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
Maybe a bad batch of belts or it wasn't installed correctly at the factory, who knows. How did they know it was the alternator belt, did they say why something like this would happen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They said it "sounded" like the alternator. Something about how the belts were never a problem until they switched to CVT. Now there is sometimes a "gap" that develops. But this was just the customer service guy not the repair guy. I might go back and ask the repair shop for more details. I know that at least one of other forum member was having a similar issue.

·
Administrator
15,520 Posts
There is no such thing as an auto idle belt or a dedicated alternator belt.

Noises are so difficult to diagnose over the internet.

There is s serpentine or accessory belt.

I have a suspicion that your shop can't diagnose this either. Can you post a video?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts