Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife roll your car on New Years Day? Time for an upgrade to a Pilot! Locally the stock of used Pilots are low. I found a 2017 Touring with 36k miles on it. I also found a 2017 EXL w/sensing at 14.5k miles. The touring is $32,996 and the EX-L is $32,800. The touring is certified and the EX-L is not because it’s sold at a Ford dealer. I believe it still carries a warranty though.

After doing some book outs I found the prices for both were within a reasonable range pre-negotiation. I know the Touring and Elites have the potential ZF Transmission issue, and the extras aren’t deal breakers to me (although memory seats and the TV would be nice). We test drove the EX-L and it was very nice. Almost looked brand new inside and out. The Touring is two hours away.

Anyone think the EX-L is worth it? For my price range, the 2016-17 is the only affordable option and I prefer CarPlay so I’m not looking at 2016’s. Any help? Personal experience? Should I snag the low mileage EX-L?

·
Registered
163 Posts
$33K is too much for a 2017. Checkout the 2020 prices paid thread. You can get a new 2020 EX-L AWD for ~$3K more. A new EX or LX trim will be less than $33K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts