Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission intermittently bangs 3rd or 4th really hard. If I restart, the problem goes away. Had it at dealer, but there were no codes. Happened two days ago, and again today. Today I got an error code for "transmission problem" and "Emission problem". Restarted and tranny problem went away, but Emission Problem error continued. Has anyone else had this problem. Car has 31700 miles and it staRTED AT ABOUT 30,000 MILES.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Have you ever changed the transmission fluid? If not, this would be a good place to start. Should be done at worst every 30K miles or so.

There are some TSBs out there (see the sticky in this forum) for hard shifting, so that may be a place to look too. https://www.piloteers.org/attachments/a17-015r2-pdf.129403/

Get a code reader (or stop by a shop) and see what error code you are getting for the Emission Problem error.

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
This sounds like the eventual result of the clutch not locking up with the torque converter. Is there a chance that you have been driving your vehicle a while with the rpm gauge jumping around, like in this video, then it progressively got worse?
Is there any way you can get a sample of your transmission fluid? Is it black?
If your answer is yes to these questions and your still under warranty, I'd ask for a new transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts