Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are my wizards at? I’m looking to change the color on my DRL from white to amber. Anybody here know how to do that? Thanks I’m advance.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Hmmm 🧐

Reactions: PLT383

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know that's not a 4Runner, right ?
Hahaha… yes well aware. I hate that. I really wanted a 4Runner but because of the size of our family this suited us better. My brother has a green trd pro so I just use his on occasion. We all know the 4Runners are beast but this tank is quite the jaw dropper.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ending a sentence with the preposition “at” is also a jaw dropper.😉

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
642 Posts
Only a temporary and maybe ugly fix, Amber Tint. For permanent inside I would say most likely need to remove the lights or find a used pair to take apart and check. If it's multiple LED's inside or plugged in you would need to replace them with an amber LED, most likely require a bunch of soldering.

Unless I'm missing it in the picture it looks like you don't have a tranny cooler. You might want to consider that and possibly a manual electric fan. Slow speed crawling can kill things with heat quickly. I haven't looked that close but I know some other brands also have an external rear differential cooler. My 4cyl Sonata had a small power steering cooler, just a small loop with fins, I'll get a pic later. Basically anywhere with fluid flow you could route a small cooler to keep you going. I know I saw posts with the truck shutting down for tranny and differential overheating.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
How cute. starting a fight on the computer. smh. I thought that was something of the past. Guess not.
Sorry......where are my manners at.:eek:

Reactions: El Flash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only a temporary and maybe ugly fix, Amber Tint. For permanent inside I would say most likely need to remove the lights or find a used pair to take apart and check. If it's multiple LED's inside or plugged in you would need to replace them with an amber LED, most likely require a bunch of soldering.

Unless I'm missing it in the picture it looks like you don't have a tranny cooler. You might want to consider that and possibly a manual electric fan. Slow speed crawling can kill things with heat quickly. I haven't looked that close but I know some other brands also have an external rear differential cooler. My 4cyl Sonata had a small power steering cooler, just a small loop with fins, I'll get a pic later. Basically anywhere with fluid flow you could route a small cooler to keep you going. I know I saw posts with the truck shutting down for tranny and differential overheating.
Thanks man I been wanting the cooler. I think you have encouraged more.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Go big, or go home.
You can get the factory cooler or you can do an aftermarket like PLT383 showed. I like the factory one for the metal tubes that route through, bolted and decently protected but with your custom stuff might need to check.

Search on tranny cooler and there are a bunch of threads with pictures and options. There is also different kits for the 6 speed vs. 9 speed, different fluid requirements also. Don’t forget that on back of tranny there is a separate drain and fill for the front differential. It doesn’t take much fluid, easy change to keep it fresh. I know I posted on that if you search on me. It might be in the tranny filter area.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I believe the Honda accessory cooler fluid lines for both the 6 and 9 speed trannys consist of a combination of both rubber and metal fluid lines. Metal 90 degree turns can be purchased to make an aftermarket (universal) tranny cooler easier to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
593 Posts
You can get the factory cooler or you can do an aftermarket like PLT383 showed. I like the factory one for the metal tubes that route through, bolted and decently protected but with your custom stuff might need to check.

Search on tranny cooler and there are a bunch of threads with pictures and options. There is also different kits for the 6 speed vs. 9 speed, different fluid requirements also. Don’t forget that on back of tranny there is a separate drain and fill for the front differential. It doesn’t take much fluid, easy change to keep it fresh. I know I posted on that if you search on me. It might be in the tranny filter area.
I thought only the 2nd Gens with AWD had the front differential?

Maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I believe the Honda accessory cooler fluid lines for both the 6 and 9 speed trannys consist of a combination of both rubber and metal fluid lines. Metal 90 degree turns can be purchased to make an aftermarket (universal) tranny cooler easier to install.
Good option to know. The factory ones might no be best placement with the custom bumper etc. I like the detail in Nail Grease's Pictures

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yep, those are 6 speed factory hoses in Mr. G’s pics minus the condenser and radiator. Those pics helped me with my cooler install.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts