Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took our Honda pilot for b1 service to the dealership in Moreno Valley California that we have purchased our last three Hondas. I asked them to check the brakes because in the past couple of months we have noticed that the car shimmies as we are slowing down. I was told most likely it was so rotors when I drop the car off. When I picked it up they said it was the rotors but my brake pads were still over 7 mm? I would need to do a brake job if I wanted the shimmy to go away but it was not recommended. We have had our vehicle for 1 year and 9 months with mileage at 22,453. The rotors are covered for 12,000 MI. I've been a loyal customer of this dealership sense 2002 and get all of our service down there. I have always been a big fan of Hondas. But apparently this is a not just me issue. Whenever I've taken my vehicles to the dealership for service they have always told me that I drive the vehicle the way it should be driven because of the long period of time between my required service lights. I am I'm extremely cautious driver especially since I usually have foster children in our vehicle. The rotors in a $39,000 vehicle should definitely last longer. This obviously has been an issue Honda is passing on to unaware buyers.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I took our Honda pilot for b1 service to the dealership in Moreno Valley California that we have purchased our last three Hondas. I asked them to check the brakes because in the past couple of months we have noticed that the car shimmies as we are slowing down. I was told most likely it was so rotors when I drop the car off. When I picked it up they said it was the rotors but my brake pads were still over 7 mm? I would need to do a brake job if I wanted the shimmy to go away but it was not recommended. We have had our vehicle for 1 year and 9 months with mileage at 22,453. The rotors are covered for 12,000 MI. I've been a loyal customer of this dealership sense 2002 and get all of our service down there. I have always been a big fan of Hondas. But apparently this is a not just me issue. Whenever I've taken my vehicles to the dealership for service they have always told me that I drive the vehicle the way it should be driven because of the long period of time between my required service lights. I am I'm extremely cautious driver especially since I usually have foster children in our vehicle. The rotors in a $39,000 vehicle should definitely last longer. This obviously has been an issue Honda is passing on to unaware buyers.
Unfortunately your barking up the wrong tree. Rotors are not just a Honda issue......almost every car made now has crappy rotors.......because they are made from crappy metal. Gone are the days when rotors would last dam near the life of a car and they could be cut 3-4 times. My mechanic has been telling me for years its usually cheaper just to put on a brand new set. The metal is not hardened the way it used to be, lower grades of metals are used.

One little trick a learned years ago to help prolong the life of them is this. When your wrapping up a trip in your car and if your on your brakes the last bit before parking the car Do Not put on the parking brake unless you really need to. Applying the parking brake when the rotors are hot (and not moving) only hold the heat longer in the metal on that one spot. Doing that will add to warpage.

FYI.......I have a little over 13K on my 2019 EX-L. Around 12K I started to notice a very slight wrap in my front rotors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.