Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your pilot 2017-2021 has a sticker with the vin number in any of the doors? My older vehicle has them, but I can locate it in the Pilot 2017 or newer (I went to a dealer and checked newer Pilots and nothing). I'm in Canada, that's why I want to check with folks in the U.S. and see if there's a difference now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Does your pilot 2017-2021 has a sticker with the vin number in any of the doors? My older vehicle has them, but I can locate it in the Pilot 2017 or newer (I went to a dealer and checked newer Pilots and nothing). I'm in Canada, that's why I want to check with folks in the U.S. and see if there's a difference now.

Thanks!
I have a sticker on the drivers side B pillar. 2017 Pilot.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
How about on the actual door? My 2010 pilot had it on each door (just a sticker with a vin number on it, nothing else)
I don't have that sticker with VIN on the door itself. My 2012 CR-V has it, but not my 2020 Pilot. I have that big sticker with the VIN at the driver side B pillar.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
How about on the actual door? My 2010 pilot had it on each door (just a sticker with a vin number on it, nothing else)
I assume your talking about the anti-theft label that can be on body parts. No, I don't necessarily see these on every vehicle.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I drive a rebuilt Honda and I have 2 body parts that have the anti-theft sticker from another vehicle but the rest of my vehicle does not. I believe it is a dealership add on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drive a rebuilt Honda and I have 2 body parts that have the anti-theft sticker from another vehicle but the rest of my vehicle does not. I believe it is a dealership add on.
Yeah, I think they have to do it because it is not the original part that came with yours. A Honda rep was telling me that my vehicle does not meet the NHTSA rules about parts-marking, reason why I was asking Pilot owners in the U.S. if they have that sticker on all doors. From what I've gathered so far, it looks like newer Pilots sold in the U.S/ Canada don't come with it, and it is something that this rep should have known about since he/she works in the "compliance" department.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Intresting. My Pilot is a 2017, the 2 parts with the tag were salvaged from a 2016 that I also owned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts