Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member on here. Did a bit of reading about the rotors being insignificant on the Pilots from the factory and with normal driving, will warp.

We love the car but the brakes have gotten terrible. I make this post to find out what I should replace with ? A lot of the reading I have done talks about changing out rotors every 20K miles, even after purchasing new rotors from Honda. I know a lot of the local parts stores carry the chinese junk rotors so I am asking what is a good rotor to use on here where people are seeing success?

Have they made the STOCK OEM rotor any better ? Meaning if I go get rotors from HONDA they will have more meat than the ones on my 16. ?

I looked on amazon
Wagner ?
Raybestoes ?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 45 thousand miles on the original brakes all around. I guess i must have a softer foot and i do primarily stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't drive the car hard at all. Every time its driven, our two kids are in the back.

I'm just a bit disappointed in the brakes

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Brakes/rotors should be checked around 50 k but I've never had to replace rotors; only had to clean them up but never replaced. Now if someone is slamming down the brakes and driving with worn brake pads that's screeching on rotors, then you'll definitely have a problem with rotors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We already had to get ours resurfaced at dealership on our last service. Our pilot would shake bad when breaking. Cost us extra $100 but fixed it. Perfect now, only 35000 miles normal driving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts