Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at the end of my rope with my wife’s 2016 Touring. It has about 70k miles on it and we just put Michelin LTX tires on it and it’s still rough riding. Are there any other suspension parts other than struts to check? This is the roughest riding car I’ve ever ridden in and seems to be getting worse.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have read that some people have had good results with putting sound damping material inside the cabin. Reduced road noise and helped with the buying ride.I had planned on doing it to mine using Soundkskins but of course in my typical fashion wasn't able to get it done yet. Maybe next spring.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree. I'll be glad when I get rid of this SUV for the same reason. Noisy,harsh suspension. I will certainly pay closer attention to my test drive on my future vehicles. Shame on Honda.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same mileage on our 2016 Elite, I went with a slightly larger tire 255/50/20 on replacement and had front struts replaced under warranty. Seemed to help on highway noise and bumps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree. I'll be glad when I get rid of this SUV for the same reason. Noisy,harsh suspension. I will certainly pay closer attention to my test drive on my future vehicles. Shame on Honda.
Maybe your tires just suck? My 2019 EX-L rides very smooth and is very quite. Compared to my 2019 CR-V its night and day

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just replaced the Continentals with Michelin ltx, still smooth and quiet like before. 66,000 km.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Maybe your tires just suck? My 2019 EX-L rides very smooth and is very quite. Compared to my 2019 CR-V its night and day
Your EX-L has 18" wheels, the OP's Touring has 20" wheels. Smaller wheels = taller sidewall = better ride, generally speaking.

I replaced the Michelin OEM's on our '12 (which has 18" wheels) with Continentals and it improved the ride, IMO. The '19 came wearing Continentals and I have no complaints, even with the 20" wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
See this link about improving the ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts