Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , Im sure that those who have a 16,17 have had to change their brake already. I have had to change my brakes once. I think it’s time again after 3 yrs. but my question to everyone is did you notice if your passenger rear brake happen to vibrate when braking hard on the highway. Of course this is from the rotor warping. Is this consistent for all pilots. Does that brake happen to break press harder or something?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
A warped rotor? No, never had that issue LOL
Might be something else? In fact, IIRC- contrary to popular belief, they don't 'warp'?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'm at 32k miles on a 2017 EX-L. No vibration or warping.
Yes, if your an aggressive driver, slamming on the brakes often, you will likely have more brake problems.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
I'm at almost 60k and still on the original pads and rotors as I am pretty easy on brakes and don't do a lot of stop and go driving. I have had no issues with the brakes and find them more than adequate for a vehicle of this size. I inspect the brakes every Spring and Fall when the winter tires are swapped. The biggest problem up here in the salty north is rust on the rotors which will cause uneven wear and vibrations/pulsing when braking and also seized calipers.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
This caught my attention in the article ....." Brake fluid should be completely replaced annually." So I did a Google search on Stoptech brake fluid ... yep they do. Down two notches on the credibility scale. Still, an interesting article. What also caught my attention is that gentle use of the brakes wears way the bedding. Makes sense but never thought about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts