Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring (in central Texas) my Pilot would not start on hot days. I would get in the car, depress brake and press start - dead screen on dashboard. Come back an hour later and it would start. All this mostly on 90+ degree days. I took it to RR Honda and they were able to replicate, took apart ignition system and inspected, but found no issues and reassembled. I left the car with them for a week and they started it every day, several times per day, and no problems. I took the car home (washed and no charge by dealer) and it worked fine until this weekend...

NOW when I try to start the car, starter clicks, screen flash all the icons, fuel needle goes negative and I have to cycle start button through auxiliary to stop the madness. All power windows, etc work fine. I took the battery in to Advanced AP, and they confirm battery good, just low on charge. I charged it, car starts. Drive 10 minutes to pick up pizza, car will not start - same Grateful Dead light show. I jump it (an experience in poor design - why didn't they locate the remote negative post on top of the chassis post?)) and it starts.

No idiot light on alternator failure (and no voltage gauge to look at). In fact, when I drive it, no warnings at all.

Anybody else had this issue? When I first went to dealer it was "first time they had heard of this", although the web had several mentions. Its going to dealer this AM.

If it gets fixed, I will post diagnosis here.. I love my Hondas (fourth one in 12 years), but this Pilot is less reliable than my 1990 Carrera...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Did you get a resolution with this? I'm having similar issues with my 2017 pilot.

It's happened a few times - I thought it was maybe I was running the Blu-ray player while engine was off.. but next time, it stalled right after the idle stop reengaged. And now, I came back to the parking lot, and it wouldn't start. This time, it wasn't even able to get a boost.

Dealer had checked it after the first incident.... Couldn't repeat it, so said nothing wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts