Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over form and online and cannot find the gap for the 2106 pilot. I am sure it's out there but as alluded me. Can someone one please help.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Gap: .043" (1.1mm)

If you buy the OEM NGK DILZKR7B11G then they should be properly gapped. Even so I always verify the gap before installing.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I've always understood it to be .044
NGK Original Equipment (OE) sold on RockAuto confirms this fact.

2016 ^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I order from oempartssource.com and they are Honda ngk oem plugs. The gap was not on box or sticker under hood for future reference. Also I bought cheap gap checker at auto parts store and 5 of them about the .039. The last one is so off I cannot get gap tool in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This makes me feel really dumb. Best price I could find was 36 a plug and these are the same ones for 16. That Honda box cost me an extra 20 bucks a plug.

I did get all the plugs installed in about an hour. Hardest part was removing the electrical plug on the top of that rubber boot. They did not make that easy.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
This makes me feel really dumb. Best price I could find was 36 a plug and these are the same ones for 16. That Honda box cost me an extra 20 bucks a plug.
Sorry you got ripped off so bad on this. Just a tip when searching for parts. Get the part number and search it on Google. I am cautious about buying off ebay or Amazon, but at least if you do a search, you can compare pricing.

I did get all the plugs installed in about an hour. Hardest part was removing the electrical plug on the top of that rubber boot. They did not make that easy.
Removing the connectors from the coil can be a fight, especially if you pull before getting the clip fully released. You may have to push in first, press clip release, then pull. With the release pressed, I sometimes use a medium standard screwdriver with a gentle twist to remove stubborn connectors.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
💣💥I dunno how I double posted. I only wrote it once. 💣💥

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Rock Auto says 0.044 and so does OReilly. Mine came about 0.036" from Rock Auto. NGK 95350.
Guess I better start checking them. 🤦‍♂️

1 - 19 of 19 Posts