Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car will not start brake will not push down and car clicks and then will not start any idea what may have happened or what kind of mode this may be stuck in? Battery is good in key fob

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Have you tried simply jumping it to start it? When was it last time it ran?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Usually clicking is b/c it doesn't have enough Cranking amps.

Reactions: Mcmanut02

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve had numerous silly issues like this over years. Last summer car sporadically went into safe mode while driving for no reason. Sirius satellite radio needing replacement. Some type of belt replacement needed. Rear windows stuck down and needed redo. Do you know is the 2016 model year was just more problematic than other later years? I’m ready to give this one up but really like the size and feel of the car. So later pilot models have better rep?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The car will not start brake will not push down and car clicks and then will not start any idea what may have happened or what kind of mode this may be stuck in? Battery is good in key fob
Car battery might be bad or not making good contact. Clean and retighten the cables on the posts. Check the ground cables to see if any are corroded, loose, broken.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Does the remote start work? Might just be that stupid rock hard pedal issue and you're just not pressing it hard enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remote start didn’t work either. The brake was so hard to push down. After letting it sit for 3 hours or took a charge amd all kinds of errors came up. Hill assist failure abs failure and a bunch more towed it to dealer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Brake pedals are normally hard to depress if the engine hasn't been running for a long time and the power assist accumulator has lost vacuum. Pretty much every car on the road with power brakes is like that. The accumulator stores enough vacuum so if the engine stalls on the road you can apply the brakes normally maybe once or twice to get pulled over, but each time you apply and release the brake you use up that reserve. Once that reserve is gone it may take much more effort to apply the brakes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This wouldn’t have been the case. I had been driving all morning then it stuck in grocery store. I had only been inside 15 minutes and the pedal was all locked up. Then all the clicking and freezing of the engine gauges. The needles all wiggled then who dash shutdown.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Seen a few boosters cause this issue on 3rd gen pilots, if the back of the master is wet, replace it too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts