Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a recurring problem with my 2016 Pilot EX-L. The Tailgate opens normally but when it reaches the top it gives a solid tone and closes. It has almost crushed my yellow lab on a couple occasions. Dealer says they are unable to duplicate even though I have videos. Yesterday it happened 12 times. Today no issue. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Could it be something blocking it from opening fully? Try to manually open it up and compare the opening highlight, and feel if anything dragging the tailgate on the way up when manually lift it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a recurring problem with my 2016 Pilot EX-L. The Tailgate opens normally but when it reaches the top it gives a solid tone and closes. It has almost crushed my yellow lab on a couple occasions. Dealer says they are unable to duplicate even though I have videos. Yesterday it happened 12 times. Today no issue. Thoughts?
Wow, I have the exact same problem with my 2016 Honda Pilot Touring, including the dealer response being the same and it almost crushing my pup but it does open again after hitting something, or completely stops moving requiring manual intervention.

I’ve had it in once and they say they cannot reproduce. I have a video and will be returning next week to insist something be done. Please respond if you find out what is up with it.

·
Administrator
15,412 Posts
Pixelsoft I guess your posts were flagged by the forum anti spam system. I deleted your duplicate posts in this thread and manually approved one of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is really strange . We have also had similar things happen , but it was intermittant . As well , the dealer service department could not get get it to do it again . We haven,t had it happen for a couple of months now . All of these electronic features are not all they are cracked up to be .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so second time I brought it in I brought a video clearly showing the problem via pressing the button at the back. Press, opens to top, shudders, long beeps all the way till close. They kept it from 9-5 and at the end of the day, nothing was done. They told me they suspected it was keyfob related and to keep one in tinfoil in the house to rule it out. Though I scoffed at this, I still did it so we I can eventually get to the bottom of it with them. The tailgate still intermittently has the same defect. Hopefully next time we will get to a tear down, My bet is on either the struts or the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this same issue. I have a 2016 EX-L. I have noticed that this happens mostly when the temperatures drop below 50 degrees but have also had this happen above this temperature. The dealers can't duplicate the issue and don't have a fix for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts