Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2377 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
You have to request a quote, and it comes to your email a few seconds later. It just so happens I did this yesterday with 3 dealers for my own benefit. Hyannis was the cheapest by a long shot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Drove the Touring yesterday. Loved how it drove. Lots of good things on it. The RES is blue ray and Sport mode with paddle shifters I'll probably never use either. Small armrests that should wear or break in a couple years. They boast about 5000 lb towing but the tow package is extra. The width in the back is 46 in. No more putting some plywood or drywall in anymore. The nav is now Garmin. The Honda nav in our 14 touring is garbage. This would be our 4th Pilot should we go this way again. They really could of hit a home run with a couple minor fixes. Gotta think about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dealer near me has all 2016 pilot listed 3k below MSRP. Not sure wy people are paying at MSRP, I am guessing other dealers on true are.com are selling at that price. Btw I am waiting for elite to be available in my area.
:eek::eek::eek:
Are you sure about this? All their 2016 Pilots are 3K below MSRP? That's almost unheard of on a newly redesigned model that just came out.

If that is true, it's worth it to buy there and ship it.

Can we have the dealer name?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You have to request a quote, and it comes to your email a few seconds later. It just so happens I did this yesterday with 3 dealers for my own benefit. Hyannis was the cheapest by a long shot.
I called my dealership. This could all be lip service but here goes...They know about Hyannis. They did not offer HondaCare because we travel alot and Hondacare can only be taken to Honda dealerships for warranty repairs. The company they sold me "First Automotive" can be taken anywhere. They also said Hyannis HondaCare is known as "Honda Headache"

I said for future it might be a good idea to mention HondaCare since you are a Honda dealer. And realistically, if I break down I am going to have it towed to the nearest Honda dealer not the nearest Ford dealer....they seemed taken back

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I called my dealership. This could all be lip service but here goes...They know about Hyannis. They did not offer HondaCare because we travel alot and Hondacare can only be taken to Honda dealerships for warranty repairs. The company they sold me "First Automotive" can be taken anywhere. They also said Hyannis HondaCare is known as "Honda Headache"

I said for future it might be a good idea to mention HondaCare since you are a Honda dealer. And realistically, if I break down I am going to have it towed to the nearest Honda dealer not the nearest Ford dealer....they seemed taken back
Generally the "lip service" is to justify their aftermarket warranty with a super high mark up....do yourself a favor, get the details of both policies, compare coverage of all pieces, parts and electronics. Compare deductibles and exceptions. Compare what type of parts will be used for repairs. Compare rental or loaner provisions while yours is being repaired. Compare price and deductibles and length of coverage.

JMHO, if you shop around for Internet quotes for HondaCare,
Honda will usually win hands down and repairs will be done via an authorized Honda service facility.

Will you need it? Maybe...maybe not.....I came out ahead big time, front compliance bushings alone, but that was after several other out of warranty repairs to interior trim and electronics had covered my cost to buy HondaCare.
YMMV

·
Registered
83 Posts
One other factor to consider is whether a third party warranty company will still be in business when you need them. We bought HondaCare through the internet for a much better price than was offered when we bought our Pilot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your dealer took you for a ride! The only "headache" is the sales team trying to figure out ways to sell First Automotives crap and avoid the fact three dealers sell Honda Care at bare bottom prices online, and they chose not to match it!

Roll over to the service department and ask a manager what is easier to deal with, Honda Care or First Automotive. Honda Care covers new OEM Honda branded parts, with Honda Techs doing the work and the price is all covered, with no inspections or wait required. Your third party contract, when you read the fine print, will say Like /Kind/Quality (non-OEM) parts are to be used and often will only pay the price up to that, leaving you paying the difference for OEM parts. They will also require you to have it sit while they send a rep to inspect it under certain circumstances, a delay of at least two days. And save every receipt for service, and if you do oil changes yourself, every receipt for your oil and filters. Their number one denial reason and BBB compliant is they deny payment for service due to lack of maintaining the vehicle to manufacturer standards, aka you proving your self done oil changes or other items were not done. My wife had that on her Explorer when we met and I never had so many fights or headaches with a company. They suck!

It covers towing no matter where you are, a rental vehicle if needed and trip interruption. I lost lights on my pilot due to a bad ground on a trip at night. Hondacare had it towed it 74 miles to a dealer, who gave me loaner the next day and told me to continue on my trip. I returned ten days later to find my car fixed, and they found the blown pixel on my rear view mirror back-up screen, and replaced that too without me asking. The bill was $800 for the mirror and an hour for the tech on the ground, plus tax and rental put it over $1000. I paid $0. My wife has Acura Care and they have been aces.

Do yourself a huge favor, cancel it and buy Honda Care if you plan on having your vehicle serviced at Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Paid before any trade-in: 36,785

Trim: EXL
Transmission: FWD
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Interior Color: Gray
Finance rate: 4.03
Trade-in value: -$1238 2007 acura RDX
Dealer Fee/Doc fee: 135.93
Your State Tax: 1924.06
Title fee: 127

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was pretty beat up. The check engine light was on because the catback? converter was out, the turbo wasnt working right, and there were a couple of dents on the driver side door...i kicked it when the door got stuck on the seatbelt (my husband scolded me, ive learned my lesson). It was actually the 2nd highest trade in offer i received from going to 3 other dealerships.

No sensing. They have the exl sensing priced around 39,000 here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2016 Pilot EX, 2WD
Modern Steel, wheel locks, mud guards....nothing else, no extended warranty.

Location, Central Florida....This dealer was recommended to me by several co-workers.
....Bought an Accord Sport several months ago from another dealer with less than ideal customer service. So, I decided to drive @ 60 miles to this lot and give them a go.

Went in with EXACT dollar number I was willing to pay. Their original OTD price was about $3600 more than my #.

After a long, kind of frustrating, negotiation, and literally walking out toward door, GM agreed to come down $3180 approx. $420 more than my number.
.....I agreed, and we made the deal.

Good or bad, I am comfortable with the price, and won't regret purchase every time I set foot in the car for the next few years.

Here was my plan, I took the percentage difference between 'suggested invoice' and MSRP, my figures equate to roughly 8% for the EX. I told them I would split the difference at 4%, so they could make a profit and I could get a fair deal.
I was informed over and over, that since this was a brand spanking new vehicle(purchased last week on the 18th) and only 3 on the lot, that was NOT going to happen. Guess what?

By my calculations(could be erroneous), I paid @ 96% MSRP ....including dealer fee, or 94% MSRP without dealer fee.

Here are all the #'s on loan docs.

Purchase Price $31321

-Down Payment $7000
-Trade-in $10500, about $250 less than I thought it was worth. 2010 Chevy Equinox 53000 mi.

+Sales Tax $1339
+Dealer Fee $599
+Battery Fee $2
+New Tire Fee $5
+Registration $151
+Title $2
+Lemon Law/Motor Veh.Trust $2
+Doc Stamp $56

Total Finance $15977

So far, I'm quite pleased with the new product. If I could change one thing, it would be the captains chair armrests. My opinion, they are just a bit to close to the body, and in EX trim, only have one down position, no ratcheted positions like EX-L and above.

After some negotiating frustration, I will still buy next car from these guys and recommend to others.

After all that, how'd I do???

-Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just ordered my new pilot AWD EXL RES, they didn't have the color we wanted which is White Dimond Pearl. Put 500.00 down and will come in about 2 months but is something we wanted.

Are you ready for the price we agreed to... No dealer accessories.. Total price before tax, $36805.00, invoice pricing. No one in the Chicago, Minneapolis, or Wisconsin could or would even come close to that price that I paid.

I ended up going to Team Honda in Merrillville, IN. Kevin was great to deal with and will get you the best possible price..

·
Registered
10 Posts
On Monday, June 22nd, ordered an AWD EX-L with sensing for $38,012 ($1,573 below MSRP). Told it would take 2 days to a week to arrive. That quick delivery was good because the Odyssey we are trading in needs new rear brakes, which we told them. That quick delivery factored into our decision to pull the triigger and pay a price so close to MSRP in these early days of new Pilot rollout hype. Just didn't want to dump more money into a car we're getting rid of.

We heard nothing from the dealer all week. Stopped in Friday, June 26, and salesman said he just learned twenty minutes before that no EX-L sensing Modern Steel Metallic with black interior has even been made yet. Said he was just about to call us when we showed up. Told us that they can't even provide us with an estimated delivery date until some time in July and that actual delivery could be 4-6 weeks, but they're really not sure.

Can't keep driving Odyssey without fixing brakes. So we'll she'll out for that. Not in as much of a hurry any longer and thinking of pulling plug and waiting until prices aren't so close to MSRP.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On Monday, June 22nd, ordered an AWD EX-L with sensing for $38,012 ($1,573 below MSRP). Told it would take 2 days to a week to arrive. That quick delivery was good because the Odyssey we are trading in needs new rear brakes, which we told them. That quick delivery factored into our decision to pull the triigger and pay a price so close to MSRP in these early days of new Pilot rollout hype. Just didn't want to dump more money into a car we're getting rid of.

We heard nothing from the dealer all week. Stopped in Friday, June 26, and salesman said he just learned twenty minutes before that no EX-L sensing Modern Steel Metallic with black interior has even been made yet. Said he was just about to call us when we showed up. Told us that they can't even provide us with an estimated delivery date until some time in July and that actual delivery could be 4-6 weeks, but they're really not sure.

Can't keep driving Odyssey without fixing brakes. So we'll she'll out for that. Not in as much of a hurry any longer and thinking of pulling plug and waiting until prices aren't so close to MSRP.
Grove, I'd be more than slightly annoyed... Can I ask where abouts in WI and what dealership? We're in the market for a pilot in SC WI (Madison area). Thanks.

Yea, hold out and you'll save a few thou IMHO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trihonda, I am annoyed and they may lose the sale. However, the dealer was recommended by several friends and co-workers. The salesperson has great reviews online. My experience is probably an outlier, so I'm not going to name them. For now, I'm going to attribute this to a breakdown in communication between the dealer and Honda rather than anything else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. If I have to fix my Ody and wait some as yet unspecified amount of time anyway, I might as well call them and see what they will do. I might lose my 1.5% financing by buying a car through the USAA/Truecar program, but even at 2.25% I'd come out way ahead if I got a deal like your deal.

21 - 40 of 2377 Posts