Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat back on the second row (passenger side) mysteriously flips itself forward. That is, it flips without the One Touch button being pushed.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm driving or parked, or whether my dog is on the seat or not.

I've had the seat try to fold down on my dog. I've walked out to get in the car and found it flopped over. I've been putting something in through the opposite door and watched the seat magically flop forward.

I've searched several hours on the internet and this forum and have yet to find any problems with One Touch seat buttons.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this, suggest a solution, or point me to a diagram of how this thing is wired?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you have buckets or the bench seat? Any chance you have floor mats that might be interfering with the mechanism?

Here's all I found:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great illustrations. Helps me understand better the connectivity of the mechanism, switches, and wiring.

The seat(s) is a bench seat.

No interference from floor mats. BUT I had some blankets rolled up and stuffed in the space between the seat and back of the front seat. It possibly could be that after placing the blankets there, the button was tripped and the seat did what it is supposed to - flopped forward and then tried to roll forward. The blankets kept it from rolling to its furthest position forward. Perhaps when I pushed the seat-back into its upright position (essentially re-setting it), that somehow the bottom portion, which had been thwarted from full extension, retained its "I've rolled forward" thinking and position. That could trigger the seat-back into thinking it should be in sync and thus it mystically flops forward.

I can hear the actuator in the seat back. Both sides seems to sound the same and work at the same speed. So I'll test the "blanket theory" for the next few days and see if it happens again. If so, I'll then look for switch and connectivity problems. Will try to remember to update everyone as to the outcome. You have some great resources. :love: Thank you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you search on this site, a kind person downloaded and posted all the service literature files from the Honda service portal for the 2016 Pilot. I don't have the link to the posting at my fingertips right now, but someone else may.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this. I located that gold mine of files. Others might want to take a look at the following contriubtion:

Anekin007 said:

It seems that honda has done away with the paper service manual for a couple years now and went with a online subscription base media. The info i collected were from honda's service express website and is the same source that the techs uses. I was able to save over 1000 pdf but i know I'm still missing some info which I didn't get to finish doing like component location index and the schematics. I spent countless hours getting the important info like removing and installing. Some search words i used were remove, install, inspect, test, connectors, etc.

Here is the link for my google drive I'm sharing. If anyone wants to donate for the time i spent collecting them my PayPal email is [email protected]. I would love to hop back on service express to finish off and collect more info on other cars. If the mods don't agree with this post please go ahead and delete. Thanks!

2016 Honda Pilot Service Info - Google Drive

- short description of each folder -

Component Location Index -
blow out image for identifying parts name and location
Connector input and output - Wire description for connectors
Inspection info - description on various parts on how to inspect
Misc info - Just various info
Parts Test - description on how to test different parts
Remove, install, replace, check - how to remove just about every part and checking function of some parts (most useful info)
System description - parts function and description

1 - 5 of 5 Posts