Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed WeatherTech liner in front passenger foot well to clean and decided to open frame number access in floor carpeting for first time since buying car new. Found space between floor and carpet liner awash in water. Blew out sunroof drain line with LP air to clear any debris in line and found able to pass water at same rate as driver's side. Placed sponges in frame number access to collect residual water. After approximately 1 month, sponges continue to attract water, more after a rain event. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Are there other drains (windshield, AC, etc.) that may be the culprit? I don't have a garage to remove carpet and properly analyze/dry out. Would appreciate any advice prior to taking to Honda Dealer (Ugh!)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some members with the Gen2 Ridgelines have had similar issue. Turned out to be improper sealing of the windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for post; think problem is solved. Honda dealer removed kick panel in passenger area and found that drain line from sun roof that runs through cabin was dislodged but still in line with discharge fitting in foot well. Some water drained through fitting and exited cabin but some drained into well. They gave me a few options to complete work. Option 1- remove seats and carpeting; dry out and replace. ~$2K
Option 2- Replace panels they removed and let me dry out through frame number access panel with sponges and hair dryer. $0K
I chose Option 2 and since its cold outside and I don't have a garage available was happy to pay the few hours of shop time they charge to find and correct problem. (I'm 76, used to doing my own maintenance and repairs over the years, but have wised up to farm out some things!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts