Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2016 Touring AWD with the Clarion radio with Garmin just went black over the weekend. It also has blu-ray and rear entertainment. Car is at the dealer now just waiting for a phone call. Never noticed FM fade but its on XM 90% of the time. We have always had the Clarion error message pop up randomly. Will any stock reciver work or do i have to buy this specific unit. Im sure we are going to be out of pocket on it but Honda has done me right before. Love the Vehicle. Way better in every aspect to the Acadia we traded on but this is a big problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our 2016 Touring AWD with the Clarion radio with Garmin just went black over the weekend. It also has blu-ray and rear entertainment. Car is at the dealer now just waiting for a phone call. Never noticed FM fade but its on XM 90% of the time. We have always had the Clarion error message pop up randomly. Will any stock reciver work or do i have to buy this specific unit. Im sure we are going to be out of pocket on it but Honda has done me right before. Love the Vehicle. Way better in every aspect to the Acadia we traded on but this is a big problem.

I recently took out the unit for an upgrade. Let me know if u need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Honda will probably require an identical unit to replace your faulty one (if they go that route). What most have said here is that Honda will not install anything, regardless on whether or not it is compatible, unless it was part of the original equipment for the vehicle. For example, a lot of people have discussed asking Honda to install a 2017 Clarion unit in their 2016 to gain the use of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay; those who have asked Honda this were declined as it was not original equipment on the car. You're welcome to do with your Pilot as you see fit; but, if it isn't the original unit then Honda will likely not cover it further if there is another failure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts