Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pilot 2016 EXL. Honda here in USA has a service bulletin relating to the infoscreen going unresponsive. It’s TSB15-072. Also might be numbered A15-072. Is there a way to find a corresponding bulletin in Canada? We live in CT but went to a dealer in Canada during vacation when the screen stopped working. We asked them to reload the OS and they said they don’t do that. They recommend instead that we replace the unit for $2500. Brought it back to CT and showed them the tsb (which we found on our own). They did that and everything works fine for $136. I called the Canadians dealer and wanted the diagnostic fee refunded since they didn’t diagnose it correctly and they said no because there is no service bulletin covering the issue there. I can’t believe it’s never happened in the whole country of Canada.

·
Registered
87 Posts
American Honda Co and Honda Canada Inc are not essentially the same. However here is your answer (n depth information here >> Owners - Frequently Asked Questions - Vehicle Movement - Honda Canada)

Q: I have a U.S. model Honda, and I am now living in Canada. I have learned that American Honda issued a recall on my vehicle. Can I have the recall repair done at a Canadian Honda dealership?

A: Yes. Although the same recall may not have been issued in Canada, any Canadian Honda dealership can obtain the parts to perform the recall. If the same recall was not announced in Canada, however, or if the recall parts for affected U.S. models are different, the Canadian dealer may have to request a special parts order, which could take some time if the parts have to be ordered in from the U.S.

The above FAQ excerpt is from the link.

So yes, Different countries, different TSBs/Recalls due to differently mandated safety requirements . Not to knock on it, but the front page of the TSB does state American Honda Co and thus they do not have to refund the diagnostic fee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts