Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My sister backed out of her garage while it was still opening and cracked the tailgate spoiler piece. Does anyone have any instructions on how this comes off?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Hi All,

My sister backed out of her garage while it was still opening and cracked the tailgate spoiler piece. Does anyone have any instructions on how this comes off?

Thanks
Without breaking the plastic tabs, no. I'd love know this info too.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks
I started to remove the spoiler thinking I would need it because my entire liftgate was hit in a collision. Thankfully I got a liftgate complete in the same color so I did not complete the task of removing spoiler. What I remember, there is a subframe (plastic) that the spoiler cap attaches to. But it is assembled first, then the whole assembly attached to the lift gate. (This why I'm thinking you can not remove the spoiler without accesing it from underside of the liftgate. I could be wrong) It's that subframe that I can not find an exploded view. So apparently this is pre assembled when you buy a new spoiler (already painted). If you can figure out how to remove the special black clips that attach this assembly to the liftgate without breaking them, that would be nice. It looks like when you buy a new spoiler kit, it comes with the clips so it may not be a big deal to break them out. The upper cover on the inside of the liftgate comes off and it exposes the tips of these clips and 3 or 4 6or8mm nuts. Maybe get a photo of the clips and someone here will recognize how to remove without breaking. This is all on memory. I wouldn't break them out or pry on anything until you know for sure. It might cause you to have to replace more parts.

Reactions: popping pilot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. I had a look at the PDF Tailgate Spoiler Trim Removal and Installation 1522.pdf and it looks like you need a special tool the when you push down on it it depresses the clip so you can remove it. The only thing I can't find is a PDF on removing the interior trim piece. I assume it's all held in with clips but just want to be sure there aren't any screws before I go pulling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts