Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 227 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Looking at buying a '16 Elite with 75k miles.Talked to the servicing dealer and they definitely noted the issue with the injectors on this generation Pilot. In talking with him, looks like it's not too bad of a DIY job (2.5hr by their trained service techs), but the injectors are about $650 for a set of 6. Probably will just roll the dice on this one and have them include the set of injectors with my purchase, and then I'll have them and can do on a Sat if/when they fail. With the right tools, and youtube, you'd be surprised how much $$ you can save. I understand the frustrations and have read countless posts though, so I feel you guys who don't want to take this on and Honda should def be covering this obvious design flaw. Buying used (not CPO) from a Honda dealer, I would think asking for fuel injector coverage up to 100k miles would not be too much to ask for my deal. That would give me peace of mind to purchase a car with 75k miles on it.

· Registered
42 Posts
Wow. I was thinking after reading this thread that I should look for a used one with fewer miles than the 75k I had been looking at, but looks like it happens as much in the 30-50k mile range than anything. Maybe one with 75k miles proves it'll last and not fall victim to this condition.

1 - 4 of 227 Posts