Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like a VERY common problem. The Pilot has around 67k miles right now and this just popped up last night low speed low throttle turning into the neighborhood. Any chance of getting the fix covered by Honda given how prevalent the issue seems to be?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Others have been able to get it repaired at no cost by Honda. Your best bet is to contact your Honda dealer and find out from them. If they don't provide an answer you like (such as not covered) then contact Honda themselves.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Also check the warranty coverage for the emissions system. It’s generally longer duration than bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Also check the warranty coverage for the emissions system. It’s generally longer duration than bumper to bumper warranty.
Of course it all depends on the year of the vehicle and what state you live in. Many are still only covered under a 36/36 warranty. Here is a link to a post I made regarding the emissions warranty and how they can vary by a lot. My state only covers for 3/36, others much longer.

Check Your Emissions Warranty

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
This light comes on when your vehicle is polluting more than it should. This is a sign that your vehicle is not running well. I would start by checking my air filter and cleaning my mass airflow sensor (MAF).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts