Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Emissions System Error on my pilot 2016 EX L AWD with 40k miles. Looks like this is common on the pilots. Is this covered under the warranty? Some people say it is but some people are saying that they have paid $1500+. I find it silly that i’m having this issue at only 40k miles and that honda would not cover this.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,940 Posts
You will likely receive more responses if you post in the 2016+ third generation forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just got an Emissions System Error on my pilot 2016 EX L AWD with 40k miles. Looks like this is common on the pilots. Is this covered under the warranty? Some people say it is but some people are saying that they have paid $1500+. I find it silly that i’m having this issue at only 40k miles and that honda would not cover this.
Common error or engine light error on any car using cheap gas with 87 octane. The error may go out with using a gas with cleaning additives and lubricants. The other stronger and cheaper alternative is to buy Lucas gas treatment or equivalent. By a quart and use only 3 ounces per fill up. Most people will see an improvement and error lights go out within 1-2 tank fuls. However of course it may be too late and the sensor is bad. This applies to the sensor for the catalytic converter which gives an error from the use of cheap gas with no additives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts