Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good sources on how to get Apple Carplay onto the 2016 Pilot?

I've seen head units installed from wrecked 2016 Pilots, but that seems like too much of a hassle. High risk, high reward situation and coming from someone who even had some trouble installing SVCM, I don't think I could handle that big of a task. I'd probably also manage to buy the wrong entertainment system lol.

I've also seen "rooting" the head unit and buying a dongle? Does any Apple Carplay dongle work or is there one people recommend? Also, are there any easy step by step sources for how to get this working for a dummy like me?

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or do any aftermarket installs from somewhere like Bestbuy work? Are there any that would still allow me access to vehicle settings?

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
I think you aren’t getting any replies because you have ruled out installing the 2017 head unit. That, or another aftermarket head unit, is the only way I have seen this to work unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you aren’t getting any replies because you have ruled out installing the 2017 head unit. That, or another aftermarket head unit, is the only way I have seen this to work unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh haha that explains it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts