Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here goes....I have 40k miles on a 2916 elite. I purchased a Honda care extended warranty when I purchased the vehicle new since it was a new body style. I’ve been having issues with the front seat warmers(heated seats) intermittently not working. I took it for an oil change at the dealership and my usual service advisor was out. The new one asked if I had any other issues and so I took the opportunity to mention the issue with the seat warmers. He saw there was a TSB regarding all t levels but mine and said he would speak to Honda. I get a call a few hours later stating that Honda has informed him to fix my Elite model according to the TSB that deals with all other trim levels. I was happy at first. When I pick my vehicle up the next day and got home, I noticed that they failed to attach the leather part of the seat back (the material that we sit on) to the frame. There were clips and parts of fabric that were not installed properly. Has anyone had their vehicles fixed for this issue? If so does anyone have pictures or information as to how the seat should be assembled? When I say seat I don’t mean the frame I’m speaking about the actual leather. Also does anyone have pics of how the wiring harness that is located at the bottom rear of the front seats should be?
Thanks in advance.

BTW the dealer will be giving me a loaner and said they would fix it but I’m a bit skeptical and would love to see some information to make sure it’s done properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant 2016 Elite. Sorry, my fingers are too big for these tiny iPhone keys!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clips should attach to a lip near the bottom. Feel around for a long thin piece of metal or bar
Thanks. I saw that...but that’s just for the outer layer (the one attached to the leather.) what I noticed is that there are various layers of fabric and clips that they failed to attach

1 - 4 of 4 Posts