Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having intermittent issues with unlocking the car as of late, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't until I move around the vehicle some or I push the unlock button on the FOB. I figured the battery must be low so I grabbed my spare, but same issue. Now I can't imagine both batteries being dead at the same time but it's possible. I tried removing the actual key from the FOB and mechanically unlocking the driver door. No Go, no clicks, nothing. I am wondering if this is an actuator issue or radio/antenna issue. Either way I absolutely need to unlock the doors so I can get inside the car if it means having it towed or drive it to the dealer for repair. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the 2017 Elite model and I get a warning on the dashboard when the batteries go low, every time the car starts up. It takes a couple of weeks after that before I notice the fob not working normally. At the same time, a new battery is cheap, and it would eliminate one of the obvious suspects definitively. I’d replace it to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have you tried the tailgate?
Using the hard key to unlock the driver‘s door (turn the key CW) is a mechanical operation designed to work when the car battery is completely dead. There is a linkage from the lock cylinder to the actuator that mechanically unlocks the door. Have you ever used the physical key to unlock the door in the past? I guess it’s possible that the linkage is broken but not sure why that would inhibit unlocking the other doors with the remote (2x push of the unlock button). Using the physical key, you can roll down all of the windows by turning CW to unlock the door and holding the key in the unlock position.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
I'd start by changing the battery in the FOB with an Energizer Lithium. If I didn't see improvement, then I'm checking the car battery to make sure its holding its charge properly. Funny stuff starts happening when these start going bad.

Reactions: Hondamon
1 - 4 of 4 Posts