Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a five month old battery that I've had tested several times and appears good. But won't start the car, as if it were low. I've watched a voltmeter as I turned on the accessories and its starts draining immediately. The car can be jumped off from another running car. If I had a true short I'd think it would blow a fuse first before draining battery that fast. I'm out of options before I take it to the dealer and looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Sounds like the alternator may be the problem then.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Is the little light on in the dash- alt/check engine?

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Sounds like the alternator may be the problem then.
Agreed! Get the battery+alternator tested to confirm at local parts store like Advance or Autozone. Your alternator may not be screeching but underperforming quietly. Needing a jump to start can be indicative. How are the accessories or head lights after a drive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed! Get the battery+alternator tested to confirm at local parts store like Advance or Autozone. Your alternator may not be screeching but underperforming quietly. Needing a jump to start can be indicative. How are the accessories or head lights after a drive?
That occurred to me but wouldn't it run briefly after the battery was recharged, until it finally ran the battery down?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts