Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
The best hope you have is that the hardware is fully CarPlay etc ready so when Honda releases the software dealers can download the update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw a review of honda accord 2016 and they show how to use the car play for apple and android...you can use your phone for gps and your cell screen is on the honda pilot screen.. why these feature are not avaible on the pilot ..really i dont understand the way honda think...

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I keep looking at tweets from Honda and now when people ask about CarPlay in the 2016 pilot they say that vehicles must be equipped with CarPlay from the factory. That really doesn't make much sense. I would think that a software upgrade could upgrade the radio. Especially when the radio in the pilot is similar to the accord as long as there is enough memory to store the upgrade.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Wow, the interface is the exact same. It seems that carplay is more of an app on the base OS which we are already running. I'm hopeful we will get this OTA APK file.....doesn't seem to be more than this. Maybe we can hope for some xda peeps to data dump the files from the accord so we can potentially sideload it to the Pilots. Granted that would involve rooting as Honda does not yet allow APK installs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Still seems more than a little incongruous that the 2016 Pilot, the flagship of the Honda line, does not have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto while the Accord and Civic, costing anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 less, do have these features.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Still seems more than a little incongruous that the 2016 Pilot, the flagship of the Honda line, does not have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto while the Accord and Civic, costing anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 less, do have these features.
I agree. Not only that it doesn't even have Hondalink (or whatever they call it) that lets you use the Garmin NAV app. Pilot is totally left out. Seems very strange.

81 - 100 of 422 Posts