Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the air filter in the engine compartment and cannot get the clips to re-clip. Is there a trick to this? They came undone reasonably easily but I cannot get them even close to going back on and I know the filter is in correctly and the housing Is closed Properly. Please help if you can. Ricardo 610

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
29 Posts
In line with this, how often do you need to change the engine filter and the cabin filter? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Confirm you have the correct air filter and installed in right orientation. Align the air box cover into position with the base. Cover should fit perfectly before attaching the clips. Sometimes pressing the center of the clip will help engage the clip to lock the air box cover. I usually clean the base and air box cover before installing the new air filter.

Under regular driving conditions (no dusty roads) I've changed the OEM air filter @20-25k.

Compare the overall build quality of some aftermarket air filters versus OEM. IMO the OEM has a denser more consistent filter media and overall build but a new air filter is always better than a clogged one.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
794 Posts
For $19 I change the intake air filter every service, which is usually around 7,500 miles for me. For $15 I change the cabin air filter ever two services which is usually around 15,000 mile. Both my Passport and I like to breath clean air.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For $19 I change the intake air filter every service, which is usually around 7,500 miles for me. For $15 I change the cabin air filter ever two services which is usually around 15,000 mile. Both my Passport and I like to breath clean air.
Damn. Currently running a AEM dry filter in the 19 Pilot. Cabin filter gets changed every year or at least looked at.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you can't get the clips it's highly likely because you don't have the clip on the bottom left (as looking as if you're standing in front of the engine bay looking in) seated first. You have to raise the cover to about 40 degrees or so to get it under the rectangular hole it slides into first. Feel with your finger and you'll see where it has to slide in. (that's what she said - sorry I've been watching the Office again).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts