Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
The atf part number is completely wrong if my Google ability is correct. Nine speed atf is far more expensive. Like three times more expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The atf part number is completely wrong if my Google ability is correct. Nine speed atf is far more expensive. Like three times more expensive.
ATF type 3.1 should be right based on what I’ve read. That’s for the 9 speed only, it was 30$ a quart.
I’m more concerned about the conditioner as the 9 speed isn’t a cvt. Maybe I’m over thinking it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
353 Posts
08200-9017 is the part number for Honda ATF 3.1 which is the correct fluid for the ZF 9-speed. It currently lists for $30.30 per quart.

The dealer should remove the line item for "CVT conditioner" and refund that amount. Furthermore, they shouldn't be using "CVT conditioner" in any transmission - including a CVT. Honda specifically states which transmission fluid to use and not to mix it with any other fluid - this includes "conditioners".

If the dealer actually did add something other than ATF 3.1 (which you may never know because you won't know if they're telling the truth or not), I'd demand that they properly drain and refill the transmission several times to flush out the contaminant. I'd also file a complaint with Honda that the dealer is not following the owner's manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
08200-9017 is the part number for Honda ATF 3.1 which is the correct fluid for the ZF 9-speed. It currently lists for $30.30 per quart.

The dealer should remove the line item for "CVT conditioner" and refund that amount. Furthermore, they shouldn't be using "CVT conditioner" in any transmission - including a CVT. Honda specifically states which transmission fluid to use and not to mix it with any other fluid - this includes "conditioners".

If the dealer actually did add something other than ATF 3.1 (which you may never know because you won't know if they're telling the truth or not), I'd demand that they properly drain and refill the transmission several times to flush out the contaminant. I'd also file a complaint with Honda that the dealer is not following the owner's manual.
I’m going to call the service department Monday and ask them about it. I’ll try to talk to a tech. They might have to flush the fluid and put new in. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts