Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My 2016 honda Pilot out of nowhere had 6 Messages show up on dash. AWD ,EPS, ABS, VSA, HILL START ASSIST PROBLEM AND TSA PROBLE.... Has anyone had this problem!? I went and changed my battery thinking that’s what it was... But lights where still on dash after I put in new battery in. So I made an appointment with Honda dealership and on the way there all lights went off of course... Maybe after i changed the battery I needed to get to highway speeds for it reset ??? I turned around and went home cause I figured the dealer wouldn’t know what to do now that all the problem messages went away off my dash.. If Anyone out there knows anything about what I am going through I would really appreciate some information thank you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If it comes back, pop by the dealer (or an autozone, etc) and have them pull the codes. They usually will do that for free and without an appointment. Good call on eliminating the battery as a potential problem.

If there are any codes stored we can try to help troubleshoot.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
No personal experience on this but read someone posted similar issues because of an old battery.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
My 2017 had the start button glitch that makes all the warnings come on the screen. It happens when the start button is taped to start the vehicle. We simply got in the habit of holding the start button for 1 second. It's never done it again.

Reactions: Drone Drip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it comes back, pop by the dealer (or an autozone, etc) and have them pull the codes. They usually will do that for free and without an appointment. Good call on eliminating the battery as a potential problem.

If there are any codes stored we can try to help troubleshoot.
I did try autozone after I replaced the battery the manager used two different readers on my pilot and said it was encrypted or something like that. He wasn’t able to see anything... Really weird but i was hoping he wouldn’t found something that way If the dealership said it was something different I might’ve be able to call bullsh**

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
I did try autozone after I replaced the battery the manager used two different readers on my pilot and said it was encrypted or something like that. He wasn’t able to see anything... Really weird but i was hoping he wouldn’t found something that way If the dealership said it was something different I might’ve be able to call bullsh**
Some code readers will not pick up manufacturer specific codes only the generic powertrain codes. I don't what code reader Autozone used but I purchased a Bluedriver code reader a year ago and it will read all of the codes and is very useful for troubleshooting and avoiding trips to the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some code readers will not pick up manufacturer specific codes only the generic powertrain codes. I don't what code reader Autozone used but I purchased a Bluedriver code reader a year ago and it will read all of the codes and is very useful for troubleshooting and avoiding trips to the dealership.
Do you have the price of the reader by chance and which one.? I might consider buying one..

·
Registered
813 Posts
My 2017 had the start button glitch that makes all the warnings come on the screen. It happens when the start button is taped to start the vehicle. We simply got in the habit of holding the start button for 1 second. It's never done it again.
Does holding the button do something else to the car that just pressing it doesn't do?

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Does holding the button do something else to the car that just pressing it doesn't do?
Consciously holding the button for a second is the same as pressing the button. A tap or an uncoordinated smear can cause the glitch. That's the best way I know how to describe it.

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
857 Posts
Do you have the price of the reader by chance and which one.? I might consider buying one..
I have the Bluedriver and it is $100 on Amazon. It reads all the codes and does live data monitoring but unfortunately not transmission temp. Works with Android and iOS devices

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. So the bluedriver works with IOS which is nice. Does it matter what year vehicle u have? . I have 2013 VW and 16 pilot. Would it read both of those ? So it reads everything pretty much other than stuff with your transmission? I really appreciate the information

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks for the info. So the bluedriver works with IOS which is nice. Does it matter what year vehicle u have? . I have 2013 VW and 16 pilot. Would it read both of those ? So it reads everything pretty much other than stuff with your transmission? I really appreciate the information
AFAIK the Bluedriver will read all the powertrain fault codes for engine and trans and will work with any OBDII compatible vehicle 1996 and newer and also the CAN OBD systems on the more recent models. If you read the reviews, some European models had some issues with it but not sure if they were ones sold in North America. It does work well with Hondas and Toyotas though. I figured for $100, it will pay for itself quickly, as the dealerships can charge you that for a single diagnostic fee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts