Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of wheels to mount snow tires to for a my 2021 and came across a set OEM pilot wheels off of a 2016 pilot. The guy at the tire shop said they should work but there was a +10mm offset difference which would bring the tires closer to the car if I understand right.

I have already ordered cable-chains that the owner's manual recommended. I wonder if the 10mm would cause issues if I used the chains.

would the10mm impact suspension geometry adversely or drivability?

Anyone have other recommendations? I don't need to be super stylish when rolling with the snow tires

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Take a peek at how close your current wheel/tire combo is to the closest part of the front suspension which is usually the spring strut assembly. The +10mm means the wheel/tire combo will be approximately 0.4" closer to that spring strut assembly compared to the stock wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cable chains? If those are chains you are putting on, those will also affect your clearance as you say. I dunno.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I don't want to mess with the offset. Tirerack has a few options. Anyone try putting a 17" wheel on theirs? I'd probably like a little more rubber than rim anyways.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
The 18 inch 2016 Honda Pilot rims will fit on a 2021 with no problem. If snow chains are acceptable to use on any 3rd gen Pilot equipped with an 18 inch rim, there should be no issues if you use a 245 60R18 tire.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think I don't want to mess with the offset. Tirerack has a few options. Anyone try putting a 17" wheel on theirs? I'd probably like a little more rubber than rim anyways.
I have 17 inch wheels on my 2019 Touring. No issues. I have 245/70R17 Blizzaks I stalled for winter. They are +1 inch in size, roughly 30.5 instead of 29.5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts